Surrey Patio Awnings General Data Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect in relation to personal information about you which is collected, handled and processed by Surrey Patio Awnings.
Surrey Patio Awnings. Telephone: 020 7018 2127 is the Data Controller.
We acknowledge and agree that any personal data of yours that we handle will be processed in accordance with all applicable data protection laws in force from time to time. With effect from 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) will come into force.
The information we may collect
The information about you that we may collect, hold and process is set out below:
Information which may be collected and processed for maintaining a business relationship with you. This includes maintaining contact with you during the course of a project or potential project; to inform you of relevant news, events, activities and services; to provide services to you; or to purchase goods, materials and services from you:
- your name
- your company address
- your email address
- your telephone number(s)
- your job title
- any other information voluntarily provided by you
This information will have been provided, or will be provided, by you or a third party who we work with, such as your nominated tender manager.
How we use the information
The above information is used to contact you, and fulfil any projects/work.
The information may be used as follows
For proposal and project communications and for marketing purposes.
For the purposes of purchasing goods, hardware, software licenses and services for the legitimate running of the business.
Sharing with approved third parties as part of the proposal or project process, should there be a requirement to do so.
How we hold the information
All the personal data we have is stored securely on encrypted storage or cloud based services.
Disclosure of your information
Your personal data will be treated as company confidential and will be shared with staff/contractors to offer and provide our services to you and with staff directly involved in the proposal or delivery of a project for you. Personal data maybe stored outside the EEA where cloud based services use geographic redundancy trusted or as part of their infrastructure. We may share your data with include: contractors / sub-contractors involved in the proposal or delivery of a project for you.
What is the legal basis for processing the information?
The legal basis for retaining this data is to enable us to comply with the specific terms of your contract, to comply with any legal requirements, pursue the legitimate interests of the Company and protect our legal position in the event of legal proceedings. If you do not provide this data, we may be unable in some circumstances to comply with our obligations and we will tell you about the implications of that.
- right to access your data – You currently have the right at any time to ask for a copy of the information about you that we hold. If you would like to make a request for information please email us.
- right to be informed about the processing of personal data via this Privacy Notice
- right to rectification if your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete please email us. Requests to amend information will normally be processed within one month
- right to be forgotten by having personal data deleted or removed on request where there is no compelling reason for Surrey Patio Awnings to continue to hold and process it. Requests to be forgotten should normally be processed within one month. Please email us.
- right to restrict processing of personal data, for example, if you consider that processing is unlawful or that the data is inaccurate
- right to data portability of the personal data so that you can reuse it for you own purposes should you wish
- right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing, historical research, or statistical processes.
Retention of your data
Your data will be retained for no longer than is necessary and in accordance with our normal data retention guidelines. The legal requirement for retention of data:
- For general business and financial data this may be for a period of 6 years
- For project related data this may be for a period of 12 years beyond the end date of the project contract.
Right to Object
Where information about you is required by law for the provision of our services we will retain that data in accordance with our normal data retention guidelines. Outside of that data, you are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal data but this may reduce or prevent communication with you. In order to object to the use of your data contact us by emailing us.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance by emailing us or calling us.
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to us directly.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be changed by us at any time. This Privacy Notice will be updated in due course to comply with any further requirements under the GDPR.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Surrey Patio Awnings and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, and any reliance you place on such information is therefore at your own risk.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Surrey Patio Awnings. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.